Tuesday 24 February 2015

Best Fit Book

This is the book I am reading right now. It is called Grip of The Shadow Plague. It is a best fit book for me. It is a best fit book for me because it is exciting and it has a lot of action in it. This book is in the series 'Fablehaven'. It is the 3rd in the series. I think I will finish the rest of the series. It is hard for me to put it down! It is about a boy about 11 years old (Seth)and his sister who is about 14 years old(Kendra). They learn about a magical wold with magical animals. There is a group a people (The Society of The Evening Star) who want to get some special artifacts and release a demon prison which could mean the end of the world! Kendra and Seth must protect the artifacts! So far(in book #3): Kendra is off to Lost Mesa (a secret perserve with a hidden artifact) planning on retrieving the artifact hidden there because they think The Society of Evening Star knows it is there. Meanwhile Seth and his grandparents are at Fablehaven(another secret preserve.) And the light creatures are mysteriously turning dark! Before they realize what is happening one of their friends staying with them is a shadow. Will Seth and Kendra be able to save the day? I think this is a good book for girls and boys.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Mercy. I hope students from other classes read it too. After your review in the library on Wednesday, I tried to order the series in ebooks - our Spirit Animal series too. Have you read them? I was especially please that you told the class that it is suitable for both boys and girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, some of that comment is missing - the fact that Brandon Mull, the author of Grip of the Shadow Plague, also wrote some of our Spirit Animal series.
    Also 'especially pleaseD' ! :-{

    ReplyDelete