Sunday 16 August 2015

Tracking My Own Learning

Tracking is good to do because then we have a choice of what to do.  It would make school fun if we get to choose all the things we do.


I think I am getting enough of everything in except maybe writing and WIT.  I only got 3 sessions of writing and we’re meant to do 4.  I only got 3 sessions of WIT and we’re meant to get 4-5.  


Reading-I got 6 sessions in and we’re meant to do 4.  


WIT-I got 3 sessions in and we’re meant to do 4-5.  


Writing-I got 3 sessions in and we’re meant to do 4.  


Spelling-I got 2 and we’re meant to get 2-3.  


Other-I got 4 sessions in but it doesn’t really matter how much we do of this.  


Maths-I got 3 sessions in, and it doesn’t matter how many we do.  


IKAN-I got 6 sessions in and we’re meant to do 3.  


I got lots of extra on IKAN and Reading.  Next week I need to do extra Writing and WIT.


I got all my must dos done this week.  


I really don’t want to go back to the way where the teacher chooses what everyone does at every time.  Then even if we really want to finish something if the teacher say we have to move on we have to move on.  


If some people want to do the same thing at the same time then the teacher could have a group that always does the same thing at the same time. And the people that want to choose what to do and track their learning could do what they want to do (if the teacher trusts them).  

I have enjoyed choosing what to do some of the time.  And I want to carry on doing it more.  It would make school more fun.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mercy
    I enjoy your honesty in your reflections. You track really well. Would you consider adding a screen shot so your audience know what your tracking doc looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very mature reflection Mercy. I can appreciate that you are doing more of what you like most, (so do I!,) but if you compare this with your piano playing, you don't practise the pieces you know well do you - you work on the parts you have most difficulty with. That's the way we improve. Have you though about what you need to do to balance your learning a little more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea, I think I do need to do more of the things that are hard.
      Thank You,
      Mercy

      Delete